1. Elemental mercury (Hg) contained in glass thermometer, tensimeter mercury, dental amalgam, electrical equipment, batteries and paint rocks. Also used as a catalyst in the production of caustic soda and disinfectants as well as for the production of chlorine from sodium chloride.
2. Inorganic mercury: in the form of Hg + + (Mercuric) and Hg + (Mercurous) For example:
used as a disinfectant
– Mercurous chloride (HgCl) which are used for teething powder and laksansia (calomel)
– Mercurous fulminate which is flammable.
3. Organic mercury: present in some form, al :
– Methyl mercury and ethyl mercury which both include short chain alkyl forms encountered
as metal contaminants in the environment. For example eating fish contaminated with TSB.
– Can cause neurological and congenital disorders.
1. Avoid contacts with mercury when you’re doing the processing of gold, try to use any such protective rubber gloves.
2. Keep mercury is always in place a sealed like plastic bottles, metal or glass (not the container of aluminum).
3. Always add water above the liquid mercury, except for mercury which has been recycled or that have been used in gold processing.
4. Do not let spilled mercury because it is very difficult to clean it and take it, because mercury can be as small droplets of water that spilled ..
5. Mercury should not be one with other chemicals, put mercury on a separate room.
6. Using equipment that supports the safety and health.
7. Do not eat or smoke when using mercury.
8. Use just enough mercury.
Soak mercury in solution with the composition coustic soda per 1 kg of Hg was washed with a solution of 30 s / d 50 g coustic soda in 1 quart of water. Or it could be with the addition of salt.
Although mercury has a boiling point of 357 ° C, but has the ability to evaporate at room temperature (25 ° C) due to the low-pressure evaporat
1. Save the mercury in the shade (room temperature> 25 ° C) and protected from direct sunlight.
2. Store in a special container (can use containers made of stainless steel, steel, iron, ceramic, plastic or glass container and do not use aluminum) are closed and make sure the mercury soaked with a little water, and put it in a safe place away from the child.